Aurora ~ Aurora Borealis ~ Northern Lights ~ His Dark Materials
2 in stock.
Aurora is inspired by the bright changing lights in the sky. a nod to the His dark materials books.
Companion 4ply/ shawl
• 100% Superwash Merino • Fingering Weight • Each skein weighs 100g/150g and is 400/600 meters • Approximately 7 ½ stitches per inch on 3.5mm needles
Third Vault Yarns Companion base is a squishy soft merino yarn that knits like a dream. Companion is named in tribute to all the companions throughout the galaxy, travelling in time and space, through the black, respectable and otherwise! One skein works for a lovely shawl or a large pair of socks. More than one skein would make a lovely garment.
• 75% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester 25% Nylon • Fingering sock Weight • Each skein weighs 100g and is 425 meters • Approximately 8 stitches per inch on 3.25mm needles
Third Vault Yarns Librarian sock is a nicely plied slightly crisp lusturous sock weight yarn, that is still nice and soft. Named in tribute to Librarians as the gatekeepers to the gates of wonder and magic. Keepers of history, knowledge and imagination. These sturdy, stable bastions of culture and learning are ideal to represent this sock weight yarn which has wonderful strength and character. Perfect for making socks to snuggle up in on those cold nights or the workhorse socks for a long day out.
• 80% Superwash Bluefaced Leicester 20% Nylon • High twist sock Weight • Each skein weighs 100g and is 365 meters • Approximately 8 stitches per inch on 3.25mm needles
Third Vault Yarns Vortex sock is a high twist slightly crisp lusturous sock weight yarn, that is still nice and soft. Perfect for making socks to snuggle up in on those cold nights or the workhorse socks for a long day out.
Kaguya 4ply (non wool yarn)
• 100% Bamboo • Fingering Weight • Each skein weighs 100g and is 440 meters • Approximately 9 stitches per inch on 3.25mm needles
Kaguya 4ply is a lovely drapey bamboo yarn, that contains no wool. It is ideal for garments and accessories.
• 50% Superwash Merino 50% Silk • Fingering Weight • Each skein weighs 100g and is 400 meters • Approximately 7 ½ stitches per inch on 3.5mm needles
Selkie is inspired by the seal people of myth and folklore, and the hypnotic dancers who eventually got their seal skins returned in Lost Girl. This beautiful yarn, is soft and silky with a lovely sheen, great handle and drape. This luxurious yarn can be used for next to the skin garments and items, or any outer items for added wow.
There may be some variation from skein to skein, even within the same dyelot. For best results, alternate skeins every few rows in projects using several skeins. • This skein is machine washable, though to preserve colour and texture in your garments, gentle hand washing is recommended. • All skeins undergo a 4-5 step washing process but some colours are prone to a small amount of bleeding in their first or second wash, due to .his we recommend washing in cold water with a gentle detergent or wool wash